Sunday, April 8, 2018

Meet our April Guest Designer & Sunday Sketch with Suzanna Stein



Today we are so excited to share with you our April Guest Designer, Suzanna Stein!



Born and raised in California, I have always had a love of sunshine. I try to reflect that sunshine and positivity into everything I do.

In 2014 I was diagnosed with Behcet Disease, a rare autoimmune disease. As my Behcet progresses, it has started to affect my central nervous system causing loss of memory among other things. Because of this, I am SO thankful for the ability to document my favorite memories as they happen to help me remember even the smallest of details. I like to think it turns a less-than-perfect situation into something pretty darn perfect! It is my dream to share happiness with others and remind those struggling that your weaknesses do not define you! No matter what you are facing, tomorrow is another day, and you will make it through it!

I’m a bit of a coffee snob, Harry Potter obsessed, and a lover of animals. I'm silly more than serious, love to laugh, and hate wearing socks.  If you want to know more about me, you can visit my personal blog Noodoso.

Q&A with Suzanna

When did you start scrapbooking?

I started scrapbooking around the age of 8 with my step-mom, but I’ve been a creative person my entire life. I took a break from scrapping/memory keeping during high school and college, but was still doing other crafty things during that time (like bookbinding!). I picked scrapbooking back up around 2014 and have been at it ever since!

What is something most people would not know about you?

For someone that shares so much online, there are actually quite a few things people probably don’t know about me. One of the biggest, least crafty things though - I was in graduate school for Functional Medicine and Human Nutrition before having to take a break due to my health. It’s still one of my biggest goals to go back and become a Functional Nutritionist, helping people with autoimmune diseases develop diet plans that work with their bodies and needs.

What are three scrapbooking products you can’t live without?

I cannot live without my tiny roller date stamp, word strip stickers, and gold craft mist! You can find all three of things on almost every project I create.

What do you love about the Savannah kit?

I absolutely love the summer vibes of the Savannah kit, but even more so, I love that the sentiments are so versatile! Rather than having a very specific theme of love or friendship, etc. the Savannah kit has sentiments and die cuts that you can use for most occasions and relationships!

Finish this sentence - If you could see my scrapbooking space now..

If you could see my scrapbooking space now, you’d laugh. It looks nothing like the pretty pictures you see here - it looks like a crafty tornado hit!

And here is a little peek into her gorgeous space (tornado or not, we still love it!)!

      

     


And now onto our Sunday Sketch..

-------------------------------------

Hey crafty pals, Suzanna here! I am so excited to be the April guest designer and to get to play with the gorgeous Savannah kit! Using the sketch and the Pocket Life kit, I created a 12x12 layout that is super colorful and feels like Spring!


Here's a look at our sketch for today:


I used the sketch as a guideline, and modified little things here and there to put my own style on the layout. Rather than using one photo, I used two smaller photos and placed them side-by-side. I love that this adds to the texture, dimension, and a whimsical feeling to the overall project!

Following the sketch, I created one main strip on the page as the focal point. From there, I added layers to the layout, as well as behind my photos. I used lighter colors down the strip and tied in the black with the bold spotted patterned paper behind my photos - I love how this makes the photos pop amongst all the layers and embellishments.


I love clustering my embellishments. I created small clusters of hearts, sentiments, pieces from the cut apart sheet, and some tiny gold hearts that I punched from a piece of gold paper I had in my stash.


I typed my journaling and cut it into strips, then adhered it toward the bottom of the page, as shown in the sketch.


I finished off the layout with splatters of gold craft mist, and love how it tied in the gold from the tiny hearts!

I had so much fun creating this layout using the Sunday sketch! I can’t wait to see what you create with it as well!


I’ll be back later in the month for more crafty inspiration using the Savannah kit. In the mean time,  you can follow along with me over on Instagram where I will be sharing more projects with this kit! xo, Suzanna

No comments:

Post a Comment