Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Product Highlight: Playing with Crochet Thread

If you have received your kit and need inspiration as to how to use the crochet floss, this is the post for you! Crochet thread can be used to anchor buttons and charms, tie ribbon onto tags, binding albums, and my favorite technique is to stitch on the layout. Myself, Kira and Nathalie will be sharing our projects today and hope to inspire you to use the crochet thread.


On this layout I used a stencil to draw out a leaf. I then cut the leaf out, traced around the edges of the leaves, poked holes in the cardstock, and then did a simple backstitch. This method is easy and the only supplies needed are a needle with an eye opening large enough for your thread.



Hey everyone, Kira here to share another way to use the thread included in your kit.  If you are familiar with my scrapbook style, you'll know that I loooooove stitching on my layouts.  But I knew Kelly does too!  So I decided to stretch my creativity a little with this project and think of a way to use it in a non-hand stitching way.  

 

Enter the mini album!  I have been on a bit of a mini album kick at the moment (I think I've made 4 this month so far!).  But I have never attempted a coptic binding style mini and I thought this thread presented the perfect opportunity to do that.  I started with two 4"x5" pieces of chipboard from my stash (it is relatively cheap on Amazon, or you could even re-purpose the packaging from a 12x12 paper pad!).  I covered the front/back of the chipboard with the "Passion" paper from the main kit.  And covered the insides with the B side of the same paper.  



Then I created my "signatures" (apparently that's what the inserts in a coptic book are called...who knew? This is my first time making one.  Lol.) with plain, white printer paper and covered them with the 6x8 paper included in the Pocket Life kit.

  

I stitched everything up according to this tutorial.  And I added some of the Good Vibes charms that were included in the main kit, along the spine.  I plan on decorating the inside with my Citrus Twist kit, so stay tuned for progress on this later!


xo, Kira



Hi there!  When Trina mentioned to us that there will be crochet thread in the kit, I did a small happy dance.  I have crocheted my whole life, it is one of my favorite things to do, and i was itching to add it to one of my pages.  





I used the crochet thread to create a textured edge to one of the ephemera tags from the Flourish collection included in this kit ( i would crocheted the entire page, but there was not enough thread in my kit!)







I kept the page fairly masculine, and included small accents of mint/teal so that the texture in the tag will show  as you look at the page.  I just love all the small sentiments in the stamp , they are perfect to personalize the page.




I hope you are all inspired to use the crochet thread included in the Cedar Grove Main Scrapbook Kit.  It can easily be used to stitch on your pages, bind your mini books, tie your small pieces and tags, add texture to the page, or simply as decoration on the pages.  It is all up to you!

We cannot wait to see what you are inspired to create with it!!!


XOXO

Nathalie

No comments:

Post a Comment