Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Gettin' Frisky

Hey there, friends!  Missy here today, and I have a layout to share using the 2016 June Main "Capri" Kit.  I created this layout with only one of the exclusive patterned papers and a few embellishments.  I love both sides of this beautiful patterned paper, and so I cut a bunch of different-sized hearts on my Cameo.  I placed them all around my photos and left room in between them for my title.  I love this fun color scheme!

I did a bit of mixed media work on the background.  I used clear gesso first and then came in with a few different colors of watercolor.  I also added in some background stamping using the exclusive stamp set.


I glued all these hearts together while I was putting everything together so they wouldn't get scattered.  I liked how I placed them the first time, so attaching them as a big unit helped them to stay put until I glued them to the paper.  I also added in some tangled thread from my stash and some of those cute Freckled Fawn silver puffy heart stickers.  I cut the word "frisky" on white cardstock on my Cameo and used watercolors to make it pink.


I added in some of the Cocoa Vanilla alpha stickers to complete my title, and I used four of the exclusive cut apart labels as layering pieces.  I love how the watercolor turned out on the background...very subtle.


I added one of the Cocoa Vanilla frames to this photo and added pop dots under it.  I love how it creates depth and gives a nice shadow effect.  This was the perfect spot for my  journaling.


Here's my process video of how this layout came together.  I hope you enjoy and get some fun ideas for your next layout!


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Missy Whidden

No comments:

Post a Comment