Monday, June 27, 2016

Creating with the "Away" Add-On Kit

This month I got to create with the fun "Away" add-on, and as the name suggest, it's the perfect choice for scrapping those travel pics! I've used it on this Kraft base layout, documenting my daughter's 4 day walk through the Tasmanian west coast wilderness. 

I've started with a mixed media background of gesso, mists, ink and graphite..


and added some hand drawn leaves and script in white gel pen



On this page, I've opted for a more simple design, added sections of woodgrain card stock and the patterned papers in the kit, along with part of the packaging from the Cocoa Vanilla paper ephemera


I'm loving the texture in the fabric tag!


To finish, just a few splats of the mustard colorshine..


My final project is a fairly similar design on a 8.5 x 11" scale, once again featuring the beautiful nickel woodgrain card stock, along with a few embellishments, alpha and journaling tag (from previous CTK printables)

Utilising the packaging here again, I've incorporated part of a glassine bag, which I coloured with distress stain, and embellished with a couple of hand-cut leaves and a barcode..


Did you manage to get your hands on the Away Add-on before it sold out? I'd love to see how you used your kit if you did, please share your creations in our gallery and Facebook group!

Gina x
SaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment