Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Tuesday Tutorial With Bonita Rose

Hi Everyone!
Today is my very FIRST blog post here at Citrus Twist Kits!

I'm going to be using some fun elements from the May GraceBox Kit -- 
so much fun with this one!

If you're not subscribed for June, make sure to go to KITS here 
and click on the GraceBox Kit!
You won't want to miss it!


Tuesday Tutorial 

Today, I'm going to be showing you - in photos -
how I created this!




This is a page I created for inside my Praise Binder.
I made my own Praise Binder with a 6x8 sized binder from Target,
and my own art pages and more.

For this page above, I utilized a lot of the Kit Contents from the
May GraceBox Kit! 





Here are the details: 

1 -- I used the citron color shine spray from the April GraceBox Kit, some yellow spray ink, and sprayed through the lace stencil onto an 8 1/2 x11 sheet of crisp white card stock. Let dry.


Read more steps below.






My Process continued -- 

2 -- Next I cut this sheet in half. One half I used for punching out shapes, such as my tab punch and circle punch, the other half I punched 3 holes on the long side so it would fit inside my Praise Binder.

3 -- I stamped 'trust in the Lord' from the Stamp included in the May GraceBox onto one of the painted tabs. I adhered this to the side of my page with a mini stapler. You can use washi tape as well! 

4 -- I added one of the 3x4 journaling cards included in the Kit to the right side of the page, and added a tab with one of the puffy stickers adhered to it. I embellished the page with a few of the Illustrated Faith die cuts that were included in the Pop Culture Ephemera Pack. 

5 -- Next I added some lines for my journaling, and started writing from my heart. I used some of the blue alpha stickers for the word TRUST and continued to share my heart. 

6 -- With the punched circles, I stamped the words Joyful Heart in pink ink, and scribbled some black lines around the circles. I added one to the bottom of my page and dated the page with my date stamp.

7-- Finally, I attached the gold banner clip to the top of my page, and added a yellow flower from my stash!

This is how I create. 

I chose the elements from the Kit I wanted to use and just began.
It all started with using the lace stencil with some of my spray inks. 
Once my page was dry, I cut it in half, and punched shapes and used the other half 
for a finished page in my journal. 


You can do this too! 

Use the lace stencil included with this month's Grace Box
with a variety of colored ink sprays, or ink pads or paint -- 
and see what you come up with!

There is NO right way or wrong way to use your supplies!

Just dig into His Word, and write from your heart.
And have fun with all the colorful supplies.

Let the process 
draw you closer to Him.






Make sure you show us what you created with our Grace Box Kits!
You can share with us on our Facebook page or in our Gallery!


2 comments:

  1. What great ideas! Thanks for sharing and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great ideas! Thanks for sharing and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete