Monday, December 14, 2015

Card making with Janine

Hey everyone, it's Janine here. I hope you are all well and can enjoy the wonderful time before Christmas!

Today I'd love to show you a quick card that I made using the two coffee cups from this month's printable that came with the Scrapbooking Kit.


When I saw the coffee cups I immediately fell in love, aren't they the cutest? I knew I had to incorporate them in a layout, but as I am no coffee drinker at all, I couldn't find a way to use them. So I decided to go with a card instead. I have to tell you, I am having quite a hard time when it comes to creating cards, I don't know why. But that card came together so easily and I am sure it was because of the cups that I love so much.

I do have some dies for my Big Shot here, because I always want to create cards, but as I said, I just fell like I am a total failure when it comes to this ...

Anyway, I decided to just jump right in and create a little scene. I quickly colored the cups with Copics, cut two green stripes with a stitched border die as well as a circle out of white cardstock. The scene came together rather quickly, lucky for me, so I just had to add a sentiment. The stamp set this month was perfect for it! I stamped it with Versamark and heat set it with some white embossing poweder. I felt there was still missing something and I had some little red hearts left from another project, so I added those and used my Wink of Stella pen to add some glitter.


To finish it, I added some patterned paper to the card base, adhered my scene on it and added a paper strip (from the same patterned paper that I used on my card base) as well as some string.

That's it, quick, easy and cute. I like it. :)

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful week!

1 comment: