Sunday, March 8, 2015

Sunday Sketch with our Guest Designer Beshka

Our guest designer is a PL designer but we thought it would be fun to see her use a sketch for her PL page.  So first here is this weeks sketch challenge, and then below you will see what the guest designer had to say and her take.



I love sketch challenges because the hard work is done, the design element. All that is left to do is play with some papers + embellishments. I never shy away from a sketch I like just because it is 12x12, a size that I just don't use. A 12x12 sketch is easy to take to a smaller size by simply scaling down. I created a 6x8 layout for my travel album using this Sunday's 12x12 sketch without a hitch. I started by cutting a piece of cardstock to 6x8 and printing a 3x5 photo. From there I just sized everything to go with my photo + keeping in mind the smaller overall size of my canvas. The 6x6 papers in the March kit were perfect for this and I didn't feel I was wasting a lot of paper. Now I have a fun layout mixed in with all my little pocket pages!



Now it's your turn to take on this week's sketch! We love to see what you do with our kits and sketches so please make sure to upload your projects to the Citrus Twist Gallery. And remember, by uploading your take on today's sketch to the gallery by March 14th, you will be entered to win a $5 Coupon to use on anything in the CTK Store! Also add 3/1 to the title line.

No comments:

Post a Comment