Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Tuesday Tutorial with Michelle

Good morning and happy Reveal Eve!  Before we turn the calendar and begin the lovely month of October, I want to share a simple technique that was inspired by this image I found on Pinterest.

The image features a starburst radiating out from the top left corner. I thought this would be a fun way to incorporate several pieces of the patterned paper in the September Free Spirit Main Kit.

First, I took a sheet of 8.5 x 11 kraft paper, drew my pattern on it using a ruler. and cut it out with my paper trimmer.  I then numbered each piece so that I could remember what went where.
 
Untitled
 
Next, I traced the templates onto my three pieces of patterned paper and cut them out.
 
Untitled
 
 
And here is the starburst all put together:
 

Big Cookies
 
Often times when I think of a starburst I picture it radiating out from a focal point and had I not seen the image on Pinterest, I am sure I would never have thought to have used it as I did.
 

Big Cookies 2
 
Big Cookies 3  
 
 

 
 


1 comment: