Friday, September 19, 2014

Pocket Life with April

Happy Friday, CTKers!  This month we got a glimpse of the new Pocket Life kit packaging and I've got to say, I loooove it!  The muslin bag was perfect in holding this month's kit while I was still working with it and it made it so easy to carry my supplies around the house (since I don't have a dedicated workspace).

Anyway, I'm here to share my Pocket Life Week 30!  This was a busy week for me, so this ended up being a three page spread.

The first of three pages:

DSCN4898_800_CTK

The vellum envelope filled with gold sequins that came in the PL Embellie kit was perfect, so I used it as my weekly title card with the wood veneer from this month's kits plus an alpha from my stash.

DSCN4899_800

The second and third pages:

DSCN4903_800_CTK

Left side:

DSCN4905_800

I only use a Canon Selphy to print photos, so the biggest photos I can print are ~6x4, but I wanted to incorporate this panoramic photo of my family.  To do this, I took my photo and edited it so that it printed one side to 4x6 and then the other side of the photo to a second 4x6.

DSCN4908_800

Right side:  I used the glitter alphas from the Aug Main Kit to help document my friend's wedding.

DSCN4907_800

DSCN4911_800

I tried something different with how I photographed my spreads this month.  I usually take all the cards out of the pockets when I take my photos and then put them back in, but it was just sooo time consuming.  I tried Stephanie Bryan's trick on photographing her spreads upside down to avoid a glare and I'm pretty pleased with the results.  What do you think?

Oh, and of course, here are your sketches:

No comments:

Post a Comment