Sunday, April 13, 2014

Sunday Sketch with our Guest Designer

Ready for another sketch challenge??  We have our guest this week to share her take.  First here is the sketch.  And remember, to play along with our sketch challenge, upload your layouts to the gallery by April. 19th to get your name in a drawing to win a $5 GC to the store. When uploading to the gallery you can name it as you would normally but please include "Sketch 4/13".
 
 
 
Laura here to share with you my take on this weeks sketch. I love a good sketch, as it gives me a great starting point for my layout and I don't have to spend too much time trying to plan out my page design. I love that this sketch had 4 photos, arranged together on the page. This tied in so well with my love of photo collages. I created a simple collage with 4 photos of my girls from years and years ago and got started.
 
 
 
I knew I wanted to add lots of interest to the background of my page, so I started by die cutting a 12x12 circle background piece from the aqua cardstock using my Silhouette Cameo. I layered my die cut background on top of a sheet of white cardstock that I lightly spritzed with black misting spray, and layered that onto a sheet of tan cardstock.
 
 
 
I used a 1" circle punch to punch out circles from several of the patterned paper in the kit, and then adhered them randomly in the openings of the die cut background. I stamped the larger flower from the stamp set, using white chalk ink, onto all of the black chalkboard patterned paper circles.  
 
 
 
Once I had my photo collage adhered to the page, I tucked in some trimmed down pieces of cardstock and patterned paper on the left hand side and a few tags cut from one of the sheets of patterned paper along the top of the photo collage. I finished off the layout with a few of the cork butterflies sprinkled around the page.
 
 

3 comments:

  1. So cute, Laura. Your girls are so tiny here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this layout! Your girls are the cutest ever & your background is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the work you did on the background here! Great page!

    ReplyDelete