Monday, March 10, 2014

Simple strategies with Jen Chapin

jenchapin monday ctk
Hi there! This morning I'm sharing a layout with you using the March kits. Today's post is all about simple strategies. My simple strategy this week is making your own title. I decided to use the sketch pens with my Silhouette Cameo to create a title for my page. After drawing the words (font is Blackout) I colored them in using watercolors and Gelatos.

DSC_0021 (2)
I used patterned papers from the Main Kit and layered them up under my photo adding stamps, stitching and washi.

DSC_0019
Isn't the love die cut fab? You can grab that American Crafts die in the CTK shop, as well as the gelatos! 

DSC_0017 (2)
I encourage you to get your sketch pens and try this technique out! If you don't have them, it would still be fun to do a hand drawn title and color it in the same way I've shown here. Thanks for stopping by today!

2 comments:

  1. This is great Jen...he's just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just too much fun! Love your title and the way you filled out the letters!

    ReplyDelete