Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Tuesday Tutorial with our Guest

Shawna here with my first layout using the fabulous February main kit and a quick tutorial on adding typewrite to your pages.  I was given a huge, clunky old typewriter when it was retired from service at my job and it has been incredibly handy for scrapbooking!  I love typing my journaling onto my pages, but even more than that, typewrite can add something fun and unique to your layout backgrounds, the way I have used it here.

I started out with my blood orange and banana gelatos from Faber Castell's 50's Diner set (you can find it in the Citrus Twist store!) and just scribbled a few rows of color across the bottom half of my page and blended them together using my finger.  Of course I forgot to take a photo of the page with just the gelatos!

Then I loaded my gelato covered paper into the typewriter and typed the word "no" over and over, layering it over and past the gelatos.  You will see a bit further down in my post why this word is so appropriate.


 
 
And here's why the "no" word was so appropriate.  This is my little pouter unimpressed because she didn't want to eat her dinner before she got her little prize that came with her happy meal.  (She's incredibly good natured so as you can see in the second photo, the pout didn't last long.)

 
After layering the photos over the typewriting and gelatos, I fussy cut some of the word bubbles from the October Afternoon Snapshots patterned paper and scattered them around the photos, layered a couple of scrap papers and added my title.  (I am in LOVE with the fun doodled Thickers included in this month's kit!)

 
Then added a bit of gelato to the top of the page to tie it in, and added some scraps and one of the flair buttons included with the kit.  I finished things off with a few drops of diluted black indian ink dropped on with a medicine dropper.

 
And here's my finished page.  I hope that you will give typewriting a try as a background technique!

 

3 comments:

  1. I just want to take a quick second to thank Trina and the rest of the Citrus Twist family for this opportunity. I had so much fun guest designing with February's kit and I really appreciate these gorgeous kits and everything you all do with them. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is cute and that typewriter was a win for sure... I have a 12 x 12 printer but you have to guestimate where the typing is... this way you can put it EXACTLY where you need it... Maybe I need to go shopping. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes me want one!!! It looks fab over the gelato...LOOOVE that flair, too:):)

    ReplyDelete