Sunday, February 9, 2014

Sunday Sketch with Our Guest Desinger

To play along with our sketch challenge, upload your layouts to the gallery by Feb. 15th to get your name in a drawing to win a $5 gift certificate to the Citrus Twist Kits store. When uploading to the gallery you can name it as you would normally but please include "Sketch 02/09" so we know which drawing to put your name into.


Had a blast working with this sketch...I had gotten ahead of myself and used the majority of my February product on other layouts and a card, so when it came time to put this layout together, I had to get creative with my Sharpie!  Here is how I put this one together.

First I laid out the October Afternoon frame chippies (which were perfect to highlight a few shots of my daughter giving her famous "thumbs up" sign).  The one on the bottom left was the tealish colored frame, which I painted using some navy acrylic paint.  Then I marked a grid around the frames, added a doodled border with my Sharpie, colored in with some red, green, and yellow markers. (The "gold" star and the numbers are from my stash.)

 
 
Then I added some fussy cut conversation bubbles, and outlined and colored them as well (popping some up and leaving some flush with the paper).
 

 
 
Then I worked in some of the wooden bits from the kit, and the denim fabric as well.  Added my title (Thickers from a prior month's kit), a few splashes of navy Heidi Swapp Color Shine from my kit, and my journaling.  Voila! Layout complete.  I literally used every bit of February's main kit on my projects this month - all which are completely different from the others.  LOVED this kit!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment