Friday, January 17, 2014

Playing with Pocket Life with Jen

Happy Pocket Life Friday!I'm sharing my Week 42 today...yes, from 2013! I'm still playing a bit of catch up with last year's album and that's okay. As it turned out, some of the prints and colors in the January kits? Absolutely perfect for my autumn throwback week. Those adorable little toadstools? Yes! I think it's safe to say the SC Print Shop is my new favorite paper collection.

JenB_Jan14PL2_1
This week I took my boys on a visit to a local pumpkin patch, indulged in a Pumpkin Spice Latte, hung a new fall wreath and attended my oldest son's first preschool field trip. Packed with fun activities!

JenB_Jan14PL2_2
The biggest news of this week was making an offer on a new house and having that offer accepted the next day! After a 2.5 year search, we finally found our home. I combined a digital brush with the large Daily Flash stickers to make that simple, yet powerful statement with just one word.  For the bottom left split photo, I combined iPhone shots of each of our boys from the day we submitted the offer, added a two digital brushes and accented it with one of the heart/geotag wood veneers from the PL kit.

JenB_Jan14PL2_3

I wanted to keep my weekly card light and bright for such a happy week. The white and taupe sketchy print is so pretty was easily embellished by punching out a few holes and adding three separate punched patterns in their place, layering labels and using one of the PL kit stamps.

JenB_Jan14PL2_4
The story of finding our new house and how we knew it was "the one" is slipped in this fabulous SC clear, stitched pocket that was in the PL Embellishment kit this month.

JenB_Jan14PL2_6
I print my photos at home and, when using Instagrams, print two to a 4x6. This week I tried trimming them to look like mini polaroids to allow for journaling.

JenB_Jan14PL2_5
The chalkboard bubble stickers in the PL Embellishment kit are too fun! I use my white Sharpie poster paint pen to add text and an outline to this one, quoting my younger son.

JenB_Jan14PL2_7
And here are your sketches for the week:

JenB_Jan14PL2_Sketches

No comments:

Post a Comment