Thursday, August 29, 2013

Be Inspired By An Embellishment...Even If You Don't Use It!

Hello, and happy Thursday, everyone! Melissa here with this week's Be Inspired post, all about taking ideas from the embellishments in a kit even if you don't happen to use them on the page they inspired.

For my layout below I was already doing something out of my norm by using a really big photo, which left me with very little space to embellish. With such a tight area to work in, I wanted to make sure that I decided on a cohesive color palette from the start. Want to guess where I found the inspiration for this orange, yellow, and blue dominated page? Read below for more!

DSC_0031.jpg

See the orange, blue, and yellow sequins in this month's main kit, On the Go? My photo already had lots of blue, and when I spotted the sequins laying out on my scrapping desk it hit me that yellow and orange would be the perfect contrast colors to use on my page! I quickly sifted through the kit contents and pulled out orange, yellow, and blue items to cluster at the top and bottom, adding in just a tiny bit of green to go with the tree in the "Journey" cutout from one of the kit's patterned paper sheets. And, while the sequins didn't get used on this layout, they certainly found homes on some of my other pages this month.

Aug Main kit type

DSC_3326.jpg

The light blue alphabet stickers in the main kit blended a bit too well with my photo, so I took a darker blue alcohol marker to give them a deeper shade- such a quick and easy customization!

DSC_3327.jpg

DSC_3328.jpg

Thanks so much for stopping by today- I hope you're all having a fabulous week!

No comments:

Post a Comment